Keep and Bear has the following courses available.
- Introduction to the Modern Handgun: A first step approach to firearm safety, handling, ownership, and shooting. Designed for the inexperienced shooter and especially someone new to the firearm world, this course’s goal is to replace fear or anxiety with safety, respect, and wisdom around firearm ownership and use.
- Michigan Concealed Pistol License: This course is the NRA Personal Protection in the Home course. It meets the guidelines set forth by the State of Michigan to fulfill the training requirements. A training certificate is awarded upon successful completion of a written test and range performance.
- Intermediate Handgun 1: This course is intended to go beyond the CPL course into the needs of the shooter once they have their license. Drawing technique, establishing a proper grip, sight picture and alignment, trigger control, multiple real-world factors including common malfunction drills, multiple target zones, multiple targets, and more are included.
- Intermediate Handgun 2: This course is intended to go beyond the CPL course into the needs of the shooter once they have their license. Drawing technique, establishing a proper grip, sight picture and alignment, trigger control, basic footwork drills (stepping and pivoting), moving and shooting, recognition of cover and concealment, and multiple shooting positions are included.
- Firearm Cleaning and Maintenance: This course is specifically designed as a hands-on session to clean up OUR firearms (yes, the staff will be doing so as well!) to maintain reliability and longevity. Participants in this class will be introduced to the process of cleaning their firearms, and participate in hands-on cleaning.