Disassembling and reassembling a firearm can be an anxious activity for some who are unfamiliar with them. After a fun day at the range, we do need to clean up our life protecting devices, though. This course is specifically designed as a hands-on session to clean up OUR firearms (yes, the staff will be doing so as well!) to maintain reliability and longevity. Participants in this class will be introduced to the process of cleaning their firearms, and participate in hands-on cleaning.
- Types of ‘workplace’ safety controls
- Firearm safety considerations for cleaning firearms.
- Anatomy of a Firearm with cleaning considerations
- Tools and supplies to use for firearm cleaning
- Safe clean up
- This class is 2-3 hours long.
- Cleaning tools and supplies are provided but students are encouraged to bring their own, for familiarization.
- Cleaning kits will be available for sale.
- A basic understanding and practice the 4 rules of firearm safety.
- Any modern firearm needing cleaning.
- Eye protection.
- Latex or similar gloves
- Gun upkeep gear. Cleaning kit, lubrication, necessary tools.
- Clothing commensurate with this task (oil, dirt, grime may be expected).
- YOUR firearm’s manual (Yes, your instructors do not know the disassembly process for every firearm out there and we may need to refer to your manual).
- Note taking supplies