This training focuses on reality based, armed and unarmed, practical solutions to real world close-quarters combative encounters faced by private citizens and protection professionals. Primary emphasis is placed on tactics and applications of recommended modern daily carry items and their unarmed equivalents. This includes the tactical pen, tactical flashlight, folding knife (blade folded), baton, and kubotan.
This curriculum is designed to provide trainees with improved mindset towards an assailant, as well as instill a greater sense of situational awareness. The core physical techniques are primarily percussive (striking), with escapes from common grabs and embraces. Using realistic targets and other parameters, the trainee is familiarized with and instilled with the necessary determination to prioritize survival in an altercation.
- This class is 2 hours long.
- This class instructs elements from percussion (striking), grappling, and weaponry. Trainees will be instilled with the understanding of these engagement styles and their interchangeability.
- This class is moderately physically demanding, but you will not be asked to do more than you are able.
- Trainees should wear loose, comfortable clothing. Jewelry must be removed before training begins.
- Trainees should bring water or other nourishment necessary for 2 hours of moderate activity.
- Weapons such as live blades and firearms are not permitted in the training area. Training weapons such as training-blade knives and blue guns are acceptable.