The tomahawk is a weapon that has been used in every major American conflict, from frontier wars at our country’s inception to the latest actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and more. It has served our forefathers and our military both as an every day tool and as a protective device. In its most modern configuration, the tomahawk is a well balanced weapon that also serves as a breaching tool in urban warfare scenarios and is used by many Special Forces personnel.
There is very little training available for the tactical tomahawk in modern times, but the unique characteristics of this weapon make it exceptionally useful and devastating. It is more than a hacking tool, it is a multifaceted instrument suitable for percussion as well as grappling application. Keep and Bear, LLC is honored to provide our training curriculum exploring the tactical tomahawk.
Topics covered include:
- Proper stance with the tomahawk.
- Brief history from the initial stages of our country to its modern use.
- Frontier era usage, carry, and deployment.
- Modern usage, carry, and deployment.
- Percussion and grappling applications using various aspects of the tomahawk.
- Lethal vs less lethal usage considerations.
- Timing, spacing, and distancing drills.
- Usage concerns based on the tomahawk unique characteristics.
- Retention applications.
- The session is 2 hours long with an intermission at the 1 hour point.
- The class is moderately physically demanding but you will not be asked to push harder than you can manage.
- Trainees should wear loose, comfortable clothing. Jewelry must be removed before training begins.
- Trainees should bring water and other nourishment necessary for 2 hours of moderate activity.
- Training tomahawks are provided by Keep and Bear, LLC.
- Live blades or other weapons are not permitted in the training area.
- Class open to anyone interested in learning the Tactical Tomahawk. Ages 14+. No experience necessary.