This course is designed to introduce people new to the world of firearms a safe and measured exposure to best practices, safe handling, proper terminology, and basic understanding of handgun fundamentals. This course is taught in a respectful, stress free manner. Safety, student comfort and minimizing anxiety are primary objectives for the training environment. Trainees will earn a certificate of completion.
- The rules of firearm safety.
- Basic anatomy of modern handguns.
- Basic anatomy of a cartridge.
- How handguns, magazines, and ammunition all work together.
- Common malfunctions and how to address them.
- The legalities of handgun ownership and transport.
- How to shoot. Stances, grips, etc.
- Sight picture and alignment.
- Firearm control (grip, hold, breath, trigger).
- Range layout, rules, and what to expect from your first time shooting.
- Actual shooting.
- This class is under 8 hours long.
- There are approximately 2-4 hours of instruction and 1-3 hours of range time.
- 08JUN2019 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Brighton, MI
- Before class, read and try to understand the 4 rules of firearm safety.
- Note taking supplies
- Snacks and drink necessary for an 8 hour class
- Handgun (if you do not have a handgun, instructors will have one available for your use during the range portion of class. Please talk to K&B staff ahead of time.)
- Ammunition (100 rounds minimum)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Your firearm’s manual.
Once you register for this class, you will receive a link to download the Introduction Packet for the course. If you are purchasing multiple spots for this training, please ensure the other people you are buying class for receive a copy of the Introduction Packet.
If you are using a Keep and Bear, LLC firearm to complete the range portion of this class AND would like Keep and Bear, LLC to provide ammunition for you, please go to the ‘Product’ section of the website and buy 100-round ammunition packs.