This course is a 20 hour curriculum (2 hours/week) designed to create understanding and proficiency around the multiple facets of personal protection. These facets are based on the Use of Force Spectrum including self and situational awareness, evasion and escape, deescalation, physical force, intermediate force, and lethal force. It is the intent of this course to not only go into detail on these items, but to instill in the trainee the ability to fluidly transition from one facet to another as a protection situation may devolve. Students will receive lecture on multiple protection topics, then practice multiple physical-force applications around deescalation, striking and grappling, weapon applications and defenses, weapon retention and disarms, and shooting applications.
- Essential Handgun or equivalent
- Michigan CPL
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR CLASS:
- Note taking supplies.
- Food and drink necessary for 2 hours of mixed lecture and physical activity.
- Clothing conducive to physical activity (some training may be outdoors).
- Safety glasses.
ITEMS RECOMMENDED FOR CLASS:
- Holster for your daily carry firearm.
- Blue Gun (simulated firearm) of your daily carry firearm.
- Airsoft pistol similar to your daily carry firearm.
- Airsoft supplies (magazines, propellant, projectiles).