This session is being run at Northern Woods Training Facility in Chase, MI. It combines the curriculum for the Keep and Bear LLC Emergency Preparedness 1 and Emergency Preparedness 2 courses.
The Emergency Preparedness 1 segment details basic individual and family emergency preparedness, and initially focuses on ‘shelter at home’ level planning. Using risk analysis methodologies in reality based scenarios, trainees are not only educated on an emergency preparedness mindset, but more importantly on the critical thinking processes necessary to instill mental adaptability and resource versatility. From this approach, real actions, real contingencies, and real inventories are developed to help the family in real situations. Not just hypothetical situations, the critical thinking approach to evaluating risk is instilled so each trainee can evaluate their own situation and their emergency preparations are customized to their needs.
The Emergency Preparedness 2 segment uses the same risk analysis and threat prioritization approach to building a portable emergency kit. The roles of “Get Home Bags”, “Bug Out Bags”, and “Indefinite Evacuation Bags” are covered, as well as suggested contents and a methodology for creating a tiered emergency kit system that not only supports established emergency plans, but provides the versatility for the unexpected.
- This class is 4-5 hours long.
- There will be short breaks on the hour.
- This class instructs risk analysis and risk management approaches to emergency preparedness.
- Class format is classroom/lecture. It is not physically demanding.
- Trainees should bring note taking supplies.
- A laptop or tablet with spreadsheet capability is STRONGLY recommended.
- Questions are typically handled as the instruction proceeds.
- Northern Woods Training Facility
- 2830 S Kings Hwy, Chase, MI, 49623
- Payment here is registration.
- Please contact Don Alley (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com with any questions.
- Keep and Bear LLC alumni are entitled to Emergency Preparedness courses for free. This course does not qualify for this benefit as it is being hosted externally.
- Northern Woods Training Facility requires a waiver signed by a notary. It is each trainee’s responsibility to ensure this waiver is signed and notarized before attending training at NWTF. The waiver will be available for download upon registration for the course.NWTF waivers are good for life (it is a one-time process).
- NWTF offers camping for a small fee if trainees are coming from afar. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can pass on the request to the venue.