This hands on course that is intended for those who are considering firearm ownership and may have questions or concerns if firearm ownership is right for them. It is taught in a respectful, stress free manner.
Safety, student comfort, and minimizing anxiety are primary objectives for the training environment. Firearm: Square One covers the basic first steps in firearm and pre-purchase considerations (safety, legalities, safe storage considerations, and addressing the responsibilities around ownership). It then goes on to introduce proper safety mindset, characteristics of firearms, terminology, and general functionality.
Finally, the course culminates in basic skill practice using simulated firearms (such as Airsoft) to instill safe foundational handling practices while familiarizing with shooting basics.
- Things to consider before purchasing your first firearm.
- The legalities of handgun ownership and transport.
- The rules of firearm safety.
- Basic anatomy of modern handguns.
- Basic anatomy of a cartridge.
- How handguns, magazines, and ammunition all work together.
- Common malfunctions and how to address them.
- How to shoot. Stances, grips, etc.
- Sight picture and alignment.
- Firearm control (grip, hold, breath, trigger).
- Range layout, rules, and what to expect from your first time shooting.
- Range shooting.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 5 hours long.
- This course is not physically demanding.
- This course does not include stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- Trainee must be at least 14 years old.
- Non-adult trainees must be accompanied by an adult.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- PREREQUISITE: None.
- Before class, trainees should read and attempt to understand the 4 rules of firearm safety.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Trainees should bring safety glasses.
The course is held at these locations. The pulldown for date selection will state the venue.
- Keep and Bear, LLC. Brighton, MI (location sent in Intro Pack)
- The H.U.B. Incubator, at Hometown Bicycles, 10595 Grand River Avenue, Brighton, MI 48116
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.