Participants in this class will be introduced to firearm and shooting aspects that go beyond the standard CPL training. These aspects include multiple real-world factors including drawing and shooting from holster, common malfunction drills, multiple target zones, multiple targets, unconventional shooting positions, close contact shooting, and more.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 8 hours long, and is entirely range time.
- This course is physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- This course includes moderate stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- A training certificate will be provided upon course completion. Please email K&B staff at email@example.com upon enrollment with your name the way you would like it to appear on your certificate.
- There will be a short break at the 1/2 point of class.
- Trainee must be at least 21 years old.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- Before class, trainees should know and instinctively and actively practice the 4 rules of firearm safety. In other words, this level of safety should be ‘built in’ consciously and subconsciously in your actions and practice.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Pistol, or similar formal coursework or commensurate experience.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Michigan Concealed Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, or similar formal coursework.
- Female trainees who are pregnant should not take training that involves live fire. Studies are currently indicating that the loud noise associated with firearm discharge is not sufficiently attenuated in the womb, and can result in hearing issues after birth.
- Trainees should bring their concealed carry intent handgun and holster. (NOTE: With the current civil unrest concerns, supply chain disruptions are currently being experienced affecting ammunition availability. A 22LR pistol and ammunition are currently allowed for this class.)
- Minimum ammunition required is 500 rounds.
- Trainees that have not yet purchased a firearm may arrange to use K&B staff firearms. Well before the course, please contact K&B staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Trainees are required to have a holster for their firearm. Because of the nature of this course, cross draw holsters and shoulder holsters are not permitted for safety reasons.
- If applicable, trainees should have a purposefully manufactured gun belt (a belt from Kohl’s is not sturdy enough!).
- Trainees must have eye protection and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Trainees should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (this course includes range training taking place outdoors). This includes wide brim hat for sun, temperature-appropriate clothing, and footwear suitable for potentially muddy conditions. Female trainees should wear a high collar shirt so that ejected hot brass does not go places it shouldn’t.
- Trainees should bring significant hydration due to the strenuousness of this class.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.