Participants in this class will be introduced to firearm and shooting aspects that go beyond the standard CPL training. These aspects include multiple real-world factors including drawing and shooting from holster, cover and concealment recognition, moving and shooting, and shooting from various positions.
- Anyone interested in intermediate skill firearm training. Age 21+.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Handgun, or similar formal coursework.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Michigan Concealed Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, or similar formal coursework.
- RECOMMENDED: Keep and Bear LLC Intermediate Handgun 1, or Intermediate Module: Drawing from Holster.
- NOTE: This is NOT a basic handgun class teaching basic fundamentals. It is an intermediate level class. Please do not think you can ‘catch up’ quickly at this class. It is building off of fundamentals that encompass range training and subsequent experience in the prerequisite courses. If you are inexperienced but would like to attend, please let us know, as there are training opportunities before this class to meet the prerequisites.
- Read, know, understand, and practice the 4 rules of firearm safety. Failure to practice safely is cause to preclude your continuing in the course. We must have absolute insistence and adherence to safety. We are all going home after this course.
- A modern handgun (semiautomatic or revolver) (a spare is recommended). Your daily carry handgun is strongly recommended.
- 400 rounds of ammunition minimum (500 is recommended).
- At least 3 ‘dummy rounds’ for your caliber.
- At least 3 magazines or speed loaders for your firearm. (spares are recommended)
- A holster for your firearm. For the safety of all training, primary-side waist holsters only. No cross draw or shoulder holsters.
- Magazine carrier for your spare magazines (or practice how you carry spare magazines. You do carry spare magazines, right?)
- Eye protection.
- Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is recommended)
- (optional) Shooting gloves.
- Gun upkeep gear. Cleaning kit, lubrication, necessary tools.
- Clothing commensurate with expected weather. Class runs rain or shine.
- Food and drink necessary for 1 day of training. Significant hydration management is crucial for this course.
- Note taking supplies
- If you want to take this training, but are running into some type of issue, (such as not having a firearm to practice with), please let us know.
- We understand that ammunition and equipment costs for this can be higher than one typically associates with training. Please plan this expense accordingly.
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver holding the property owner free of liability for any harm incurred while on his property.
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver holding Keep & Bear, LLC free of liability for any harm incurred while training.
- Participants will understand that this training may be photographed and video’d and used for promotional or training purposes for other training opportunities.
- Participants will receive a training certificate.
- There are 18 slots available. There will be an overflow list.
- Registration is on a first come first serve.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Please call/email if you have any questions: Don (734) 646-3584, firstname.lastname@example.org