Gunfighting is the “American Martial Art”. Our country developed around the advent of firearms and as such, its people became proficient in their use, oftentimes to the exclusion of other means of protection. K&B, LLC recognizes the firearm is not always the appropriate protection choice and its use is not always justifiable. To that end, we have developed Martial Gunfighting to bridge the gap between modern use of firearms and less-than-lethal protection options.
This course is based on a 20 hour curriculum (2 hours/week) designed to create understanding and proficiency around the multiple facets of personal protection. These facets are based on the Use of Force Spectrum including self and situational awareness, evasion and escape, deescalation, physical force, intermediate force, and lethal force. It is the intent of this course to not only go into detail on these items, but to instill in the trainee the ability to fluidly transition from one facet to another as a protection situation may devolve. Students will receive lecture on multiple protection topics, then practice multiple physical-force applications around deescalation, striking and grappling, weapon applications and defenses, weapon retention and disarms, and shooting applications.
- Trainees are recommended to have basic firearm proficiency, such as the Keep and Bear’s ‘Essential Handgun’, NRA Basic Pistol course, or equivalent experience.
- Brighton, MI
ITEMS REQUIRED FOR CLASS:
- Clean, loose fitting clothing conducive to a moderate workout. Pants with belt loops and a belt are required to be able to use training tools and holsters.
- Safety glasses.
- Holster for your daily carry firearm.
- Blue Gun (simulated firearm) of your daily carry firearm.
- A safety mindset: Read and think about the 4 Rules of Firearm Safety.
- A willingness to learn.
- Note taking material.
- Refreshments as necessary for a session of moderately-strenuous training.
ITEMS RECOMMENDED FOR CLASS:
- Airsoft pistol similar to your daily carry firearm.
- Airsoft supplies (magazines, propellant, projectiles).
- Please contact Don Alley (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com with any questions.
- We will need your name as you’d like it to appear on your certificates, at the time of registration.
- Cost is $200 for this course (total 20 hours of training)
- Actual firearms and ammunition is not permitted in the classroom. Leave these items in your vehicle.
- All students are subject to inspection for safety reasons.
- Students missing individual sessions are not entitled to refunds for those sessions.