This 4 hour training module focuses on:
Threat assessment: Determining an assailant’s capabilities. Perceived threat, weapons used, threat distance, cover/obstacle assessment, and more.
Threat prioritization: After assessing each threat, determining the priority in which multiple threats should be engaged and neutralized.
Multiple threat engagement: Developing effective targeting and neutralization of multiple threats based on prioritization and expediency.
Multiple target zones: Assailants may have cover or concealment and only exposing themselves partially. Additionally, from the draw the protector may be sweeping the target up to compressed shooting before extension. Expediency of shot placement will be covered.
Keep and Bear’s “Modular” training is intended for individual or small groups (up to 6 trainees) with focus on a specific topic. The sessions are scheduled between K&B staff and the trainee group, and is not an “open enrollment” class (unless a specific date/time option is listed in the options pulldown).
To register for a private class, select “Custom Date” from the pull down menu above.
Upon registration, K&B staff will contact and work with the trainee group to find a suitable date/time for the session. When we discuss scheduling we will ensure your small group is grouped in a single available session. The price shown is for each trainee in the group.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 4 hours long, and is entirely range time (no classroom).
- This course is moderately physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- This course includes mild stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- Trainee must be at least 21 years old.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- Before class, trainees should know and instinctively and actively practice the 4 rules of firearm safety. In other words, this level of safety should be ‘built in’ consciously and subconsciously in your actions and practice.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Pistol, or similar formal coursework or commensurate experience.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Michigan Concealed Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, or similar formal coursework.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Intermediate Handgun 1, Keep and Bear LLC Intermediate Module Draw From Holster, or equivalent formal training.
- Female trainees who are pregnant should not take training that involves live fire. Studies are currently indicating that the loud noise associated with firearm discharge is not sufficiently attenuated in the womb, and can result in hearing issues after birth.
- Trainees should bring their concealed carry intent handgun and holster. (NOTE: With the current civil unrest concerns, supply chain disruptions are currently being experienced affecting ammunition availability. A 22LR pistol and ammunition are currently allowed for this class.)
- Minimum ammunition required is 200 rounds.
- Trainees are required to have a holster for their firearm. Because of the 1:1 nature of this course, cross draw and shoulder holsters are permitted.
- If applicable, trainees should have a purposefully manufactured gun belt (a belt from Kohl’s is not sturdy enough!).
- Trainees must have eye protection and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Trainees should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (this course includes range training taking place outdoors). This includes wide brim hat for sun, temperature-appropriate clothing, and footwear suitable for potentially muddy conditions. Female trainees should wear a high collar shirt so that ejected hot brass does not go places it shouldn’t.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.