The tomahawk is a weapon that has been used in every major American conflict, from frontier wars at our country’s inception to the latest actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and more. It has served our forefathers and our military both as an every day tool and as a protective device. In its most modern configuration, the tomahawk is a well balanced weapon that also serves as a breaching tool in urban warfare scenarios and is used by many Special Forces personnel.
There is very little training available for the tactical tomahawk in modern times, but the unique characteristics of this weapon make it exceptionally useful and devastating. It is more than a hacking tool, it is a multifaceted instrument suitable for percussion as well as grappling application. Keep and Bear, LLC is honored to provide our training curriculum exploring the tactical tomahawk.
Topics covered include:
- Proper stance with the tomahawk.
- Brief history from the initial stages of our country to its modern use.
- Frontier era usage, carry, and deployment.
- Modern usage, carry, and deployment.
- Percussion and grappling applications using various aspects of the tomahawk.
- Lethal vs less lethal usage considerations.
- Timing, spacing, and distancing drills.
- Usage concerns based on the tomahawk unique characteristics.
- Retention applications.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 1.5 hours long.
- This course is moderately physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- Live blades and weapons are not permitted in the training area.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- There will be a short break at the 1/2 point of class.
- Trainee must be at least 14 years old.
- Non-adult trainees must be accompanied by an adult.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- PREREQUISITE: None.
- Training weapons (knives, tomahawks, or blue guns) will be provided by Keep and Bear LLC for use during this course.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Trainees should wear loose, comfortable clothing suitable to a moderate workout. Jewelry must be removed before training begins.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.
Keep and Bear’s Tactical Tomahawk 1 course is one of the best introductory hand weapon courses that I have ever taken part in. I have been studying weapon based martial arts since 2002 and instructing for over a decade at my own school, including assisting in the preparation and presentation of seminars of similar length. This course effectively and efficiently presents the subject matter and will give any student a better understanding of the possible uses of the tomahawk as a weapon. Donald Alley is a very skilled and knowledgeable instructor who is able to successfully communicate the drills and adjust for varying levels of student experience. This course has value to offer martial arts practitioners of all levels. For the price it is one of the better deals one will find in relation to both the quality of material and instruction. -Douglas Scholl, Instructor- Polaris Fellowship of Weapons Study
I’m always looking for personal protection training that covers all areas of survival for myself as well as my students. Tactical Tomahawk was a perfect fit. In my opinion, it is the perfect accompaniment to Keep and Bear, LLC’s Emergency Preparedness classes. Students at Resolute Warrior Academy enjoyed it as did I. -Kimberly Ostrowski, Resolute Warror Academy