The tomahawk is a weapon that has been used in every major American conflict, from frontier wars at our country’s inception to the latest actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, and more. It has served our forefathers and our military both as an every day tool and as a protective device. In its most modern configuration, the tomahawk is a well balanced weapon that also serves as a breaching tool in urban warfare scenarios and is used by many Special Forces personnel.
There is very little training available for the tactical tomahawk in modern times, but the unique characteristics of this weapon make it exceptionally useful and devastating. It is more than a hacking tool, it is a multifaceted instrument suitable for percussion as well as grappling application. Keep and Bear, LLC is honored to provide our training curriculum exploring the tactical tomahawk.
Topics covered include:
- Proper stance with the tomahawk.
- Brief history from the initial stages of our country to its modern use.
- Frontier era usage, carry, and deployment.
- Modern usage, carry, and deployment.
- Percussion and grappling applications using various aspects of the tomahawk.
- Lethal vs less lethal usage considerations.
- Timing, spacing, and distancing drills.
- Usage concerns based on the tomahawk unique characteristics.
- Retention applications.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 1.5 hours long.
- This course is moderately physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- Live blades and weapons are not permitted in the training area.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- There will be a short break at the 1/2 point of class.
- Trainee must be at least 14 years old.
- Non-adult trainees must be accompanied by an adult.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- PREREQUISITE: None.
- Training weapons (knives, tomahawks, or blue guns) will be provided by Keep and Bear LLC for use during this course.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Trainees should wear loose, comfortable clothing suitable to a moderate workout. Jewelry must be removed before training begins.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.