This 4 hour training module focuses on the draw from holster. It includes acquiring a wieldable grip from the draw, draw stroke, pectoral indexing and point shooting, support hand disposition, acquiring sight alignment/picture from the draw, and movement to shooting from extension. This option is our most sought after instruction block from our Intermediate 1 & 2 offerings.
Keep and Bear’s “Modular” training is intended for individual or small groups (up to 4 trainees) with focus on a specific topic. The sessions are scheduled between K&B staff and the trainee group, and is not an “open enrollment” class (unless a specific date/time option is listed in the options pulldown). Upon registration, K&B staff will contact and work with the trainee group to find a suitable date/time for the session. When we discuss scheduling we will ensure your small group is grouped in a single available session. The price shown is for each trainee in the group.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 4 hours long, and is entirely range time (no classroom).
- This course is moderately physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- This course includes mild stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- A training certificate will be provided upon course completion. Please email K&B staff at firstname.lastname@example.org upon enrollment with your name the way you would like it to appear on your certificate.
- Trainee must be at least 21 years old.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- Before class, trainees should know and instinctively and actively practice the 4 rules of firearm safety. In other words, this level of safety should be ‘built in’ consciously and subconsciously in your actions and practice.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Pistol, or similar formal coursework or commensurate experience.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Michigan Concealed Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, or similar formal coursework.
- Female trainees who are pregnant should not take training that involves live fire. Studies are currently indicating that the loud noise associated with firearm discharge is not sufficiently attenuated in the womb, and can result in hearing issues after birth.
- Trainees should bring their concealed carry intent handgun and holster. (NOTE: With the current civil unrest concerns, supply chain disruptions are currently being experienced affecting ammunition availability. A 22LR pistol and ammunition are currently allowed for this class.)
- Minimum ammunition required is 300 rounds.
- Trainees are required to have a holster for their firearm. Because of the 1:1 nature of this course, cross draw and shoulder holsters are permitted.
- If applicable, trainees should have a purposefully manufactured gun belt (a belt from Kohl’s is not sturdy enough!).
- Trainees must have eye protection and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Trainees should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (this course includes range training taking place outdoors). This includes wide brim hat for sun, temperature-appropriate clothing, and footwear suitable for potentially muddy conditions. Female trainees should wear a high collar shirt so that ejected hot brass does not go places it shouldn’t.
- Training weapons (knives, tomahawks, or blue guns) will be provided by Keep and Bear LLC for use during this course.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.