This course is the USCCA’s Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals class, which satisfies the State of Michigan’s training requirement to obtain a Concealed Pistol License. Trainees who complete the course will receive a proof-of-training certificate to apply for a CPL license in the State of Michigan.
- Using the firearm safely and responsibly.
- Proper mindset when facing a life threatening encounter.
- Mental awareness and preparation.
- Defensive pistol skills including marksmanship considerations, cover, concealment, and various shooting postures.
- Legalities of firearm ownership, possession, and the use of deadly force.
- Personal protection strategies in the home and in public.
- Responding to a life threatening encounter.
- The aftermath of a violent encounter.
- Safe firearm storage methods.
- Selecting the proper handgun, ammunition, and holster for concealed carry.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 8 hours long, including 5 hours classroom and 3 hours range time.
- This course is not physically demanding.
- This course does not include stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- A training certificate will be provided upon course completion. Please email K&B staff at email@example.com upon enrollment with your name the way you would like it to appear on your certificate.
- Lunch (pizza or similar) will be provided.
- Trainee must be at least 16 years old.
- Non-adult trainees must be accompanied by an adult.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, and engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Pistol, or similar formal coursework or commensurate experience.
- Before class, trainees should read and attempt to understand the 4 rules of firearm safety.
- Female trainees who are pregnant should not take training that involves live fire. Studies are currently indicating that the loud noise associated with firearm discharge is not sufficiently attenuated in the womb, and can result in hearing issues after birth.
- If enrolling others, please ensure you provide students’ names the way they need to appear on the training certificate.
- Minimum ammunition required is 100 rounds.
- Ammunition is available to purchase via a link below. It will be available day of class.
- Trainees that have not yet purchased a firearm may arrange to use K&B staff firearms. Well before the course, please contact K&B staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- Trainees must have eye protection and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Trainees should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (this course includes range training taking place outdoors). This includes wide brim hat for sun, temperature-appropriate clothing, and footwear suitable for potentially muddy conditions. Female trainees should wear a high collar shirt so that ejected hot brass does not go places it shouldn’t.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- No ammunition in the classroom. Leave ammunition in your vehicle. It is only needed at the range.
- It is recommended to purchase the book accompanying this course. It is available via a link below.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- If the course time/date selection indicates “Online”, the course will be held on the Zoom teleconferencing application. The course’s Introduction Pack will include meeting ID and passcodes.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.