A Boy Scout near and dear to the Keep and Bear team is fulfilling a rank requirement as well as a requirement for the Entrepreneur merit badge by creating a business model selling paracord bracelets. We are honored to host his sale on our site. All proceeds from sales of this product will go directly to Tim.
These bracelets were originally conceived as a way to ensure a survival/preparedness practitioner had several feet of cordage available, simply by unraveling the bracelet and using the cord as needed. As the concept evolved, buckles were added with various tools and necessary items.
About the bracelets…
- The 8″ bracelet contains 14 feet of standard 550 paracord.
- the 10″ bracelet contains 18 feet of standard 550 paracord.
- Bracelets with two colors are ‘fused’ together, so the cords are not connected, just the nylon sheathing is. This means you effectively have 2 segments of cordage (each is 1/2 the length noted above).
- Bracelets with one color are a continuous run of paracord.
- All bracelets start at $10.
- Option 1 is a standard buckle with an emergency whistle built in. Only a small mouthpiece protrusion is necessary for this buckle to function. Emergency signalling is one of the most important items you can take with you into the backcountry. This is the standard buckle when a bracelet is ordered.
- Option 2 is the same emergency whistle, with a small compass and fire striker added. Both work well for their small size. This option is an additional $6.
- Option 3 is an oversize buckle which contains a 15 lumen LED flashlight. This option is an additional $20.
- A compass that goes over the paracord band is available. This is a larger compass than the buckle compass. This option is an additional $8.