This course is designed to go beyond the CPL class in firearm skills and begin to prepare the shooter for carrying the firearm as they go about their daily lives. It will introduce and provide opportunity to practice the fundamental skills necessary in a potentially harmful encounter.
This course covers different body positions including standing, kneeling, sitting, prone, supine, and urban prone, and shooting considerations from each of them. Yes, you will be in the dirt and should dress accordingly.
This course also covers transitions to and from these positions, why one would choose that transition, and how to safely transition between these positions while still maintaining force engagement.
This is our most physically demanding course because of the many positions we will be moving to/from. That being said, we don’t run a boot camp, we run a class. We will be maximizing proficiency per repetition.
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 4 hours long, and is entirely range time (no classroom).
- This course is physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- This course includes stress induction.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- Trainee must be at least 21 years old.
- All trainees are expected to demonstrate care, consideration, engagement in a safety mindset, and the respect and responsibility expected of training with dangerous items.
- Before class, trainees should know and instinctively and actively practice the 4 rules of firearm safety. In other words, this level of safety should be ‘built in’ consciously and subconsciously in your actions and practice.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Essential Handgun, NRA Basic Pistol, or similar formal coursework or commensurate experience.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Michigan Concealed Pistol, NRA Personal Protection in the Home, USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals, or similar formal coursework.
- PREREQUISITE: Keep and Bear LLC Intermediate Module: Draw from Holster, or similar formal coursework that emphasizes safe and consistent holster draw.
- Female trainees who are pregnant should not take training that involves live fire. Studies are currently indicating that the loud noise associated with firearm discharge is not sufficiently attenuated in the womb, and can result in hearing issues after birth.
- Trainees should bring their concealed carry intent handgun and holster. (NOTE: Supply chain disruptions are currently being experienced affecting ammunition availability. A 22LR pistol and ammunition are currently allowed for this class.)
- 300 rounds of ammunition minimum.
- Trainees are required to have a holster for their firearm. Because of the 1:1 nature of this course, cross draw and shoulder holsters are permitted.
- If applicable, trainees should have a purposefully manufactured gun belt (a belt from Kohl’s is not sturdy enough!).
- Trainees must have eye protection and hearing protection. Electronic hearing protection is recommended.
- Trainees should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (this course includes range training taking place outdoors). This includes wide brim hat for sun, temperature-appropriate clothing, and footwear suitable for potentially muddy conditions. Female trainees should wear a high collar shirt so that ejected hot brass does not go places it shouldn’t.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.
Keep and Bear’s “Modular” training is intended for individual or small groups (up to 6 trainees) with focus on a specific topic. The sessions are scheduled between K&B staff and the trainee group, and is not an “open enrollment” class (unless a specific date/time option is listed in the options pulldown).
To register for a private class, select “Custom Date” from the pull down menu above.
Upon registration, K&B staff will contact and work with the trainee group to find a suitable date/time for the session. When we discuss scheduling we will ensure your small group is grouped in a single available session. The price shown is for each trainee in the group.