This hands-on class covers multiple facets of protection including situational awareness, instinctual responses, and nonphysical applications to preclude an encounter where protection is required. From there, physical force applications are instructed including striking, force multipliers (hand weapons), and using them to assist in strikes and escapes from common grabs and other grapples.
These applications are intended to result in escape from a controlling engagement so the defender can reassess the situation and act to prevent harm (usually by escaping, neutralizing with physical force, or creating the time and distance necessary to bring lethal force options to bear).
- An Introduction Packet will be set to you upon registration.
- This course is 1.5 hours long.
- This course is moderately physically demanding. You will not be asked to push harder than you are able.
- This course includes mild stress induction.
- Live blades and weapons are not permitted in the training area.
- Trainees will be expected to sign a waiver to partake in class.
- There will be a short break at the 1/2 point of class.
- Trainee must be at least 13 years old.
- Non-adult trainees must be accompanied by an adult.
- PREREQUISITE: None.
- Trainee is recommended (not required) to have a BlueGun training gun emulating their daily carry handgun, and daily carry holster, if applicable.
- Training weapons (knives, tomahawks, or blue guns) will be provided by Keep and Bear LLC for use during this course.
- Trainees should bring food and hydration suitable for moderate activity.
- Trainees should bring note taking materials.
- Trainees should wear loose, comfortable clothing suitable to a moderate workout. Jewelry must be removed before training begins.
- Course is held in Brighton, MI at a private facility.
- Adding this class to training cart and checking out is registration. Payment is expected at the time of registration.
- Please contact Donald Alley with any questions (734) 646-3584 or email@example.com
- Please read Terms and Conditions upon checkout.