This course is designed to introduce people new to the world of firearms a safe and measured exposure to best practices, safe handling, proper terminology, and basic understanding of handgun fundamentals. This course is taught in a respectful, stress free manner. Safety, student comfort and minimizing anxiety are primary objectives for the training environment. Trainees will earn a certificate of completion.
- The rules of firearm safety.
- Basic anatomy of modern handguns.
- Basic anatomy of a cartridge.
- How handguns, magazines, and ammunition all work together.
- Common malfunctions and how to address them.
- The legalities of handgun ownership and transport.
- How to shoot. Stances, grips, etc.
- Sight picture and alignment.
- Firearm control (grip, hold, breath, trigger).
- Range layout, rules, and what to expect from your first time shooting.
- Actual shooting.
- This class is approximately 5 hours long.
- There are approximately 3-4 hours of instruction and 1-3 hours of range time.
- Brighton, MI
- Before class, read and try to understand the 4 rules of firearm safety.
- Note taking supplies
- Snacks and drink necessary for an 8 hour class
- Handgun (if you do not have a handgun, instructors will have one available for your use during the range portion of class)
- Ammunition (100 rounds minimum) (if you are using an instructor’s handgun for class, please purchase the 100-round ammo pack.)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Clothing appropriate to the weather. We utilize an outdoor range.
- Your firearm’s manual.
Once you register for this class, you will receive a link to download the Introduction Packet for the course. If you are purchasing multiple spots for this training, please ensure the other people you are buying class for receive a copy of the Introduction Packet.